Christians, nothing wrong in believing in fairytales!
Who cares if the (5’1…110 pound) superhero Jesus of the gospels & the “slaughter them all” god of the OT are fairytales? ….as long as they make you FEEL GOOD, then go for it! …no different than kids believing in Santa Clause makes them FEEL GOOD too
….both get a thumbs up for the feel good factor so both should be enjoyed as much as possible…
Why is the NT Jesus a fairytale? Hmmm, archeologists have studied Jewish bones from the 1st century & have noted the average male was petite, more petite than the average woman today (surprised?) …in fact, they estimate the ‘historical Jesus’ would have been around 5’1 inches tall & about 110 pounds, with dark skin and curly hair (surprised Again?)…and Christians tell me that this
- lil guy (5’1…110 pounds) magically levitated in the air and disappeared into a rain cloud
- lil guy (5’1…110 pounds) magically walked on water and turned water into wine
- lil guy (5’1…110 pounds) magically vanished into thin air (puff gone!) and appeared out of thin air (boo!)
- lil guy (5’1…110 pounds) magically multiplied food
- lil guy (5’1…110 pounds) magically told a storm to shut up and it did
- lil guy (5’1…110 pounds) magically rose himself back to life after being tortured to death and thrown into a grave for a day and a half
- lil guy(5’1…110 pounds) said he’s going to come back, 2,ooo ago, surfing the clouds or on a flying horse
…and I could list a 1,000 more of these magical things of the NT but you get the picture. So Seriously Christians? …do you honestly believe this MAGICAL stuff which I accurately described from your own bible is true? Let me spell it out for you guys—the NT Jesus is the same as the new Superman Movie released a few days ago—pure fiction!
And the OT god impregnates a 12 year old girl? Seriously? …need I say more? About the fairytale bible?
Brett Strong…the bible makes science and modern medicine into an utter joke if one were to take the bible literally!
…anyways, Christians, nothing wrong with believing in fairytales such as the SUPERHERO Jesus or his immaterial dad, just lose the dogma….because you can’t prove anything so cut out the dogma (like hell talk, obey the bible, empty your pockets) but keep the good feelings that your STORYBOOK Jesus and god give you when you dream of them, imagine THEM TO BE REAL (like when you pass you will be hanging out with this 5’1 110 pound Jewish guy with dark skin and curly hair, for ever and ever and ever….sounds like FUN).