Baptizing in the name of the Father, Michael the Archangel and God’s personal force.
When examining someone’s belief system that claims biblical authority as at least
part of their foundation, we must find where this religious person has erred
in such a way that they do not believe in the biblical Jesus or His Gospel. Why?
36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
24) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am HE, ye shall die in your sins.
A lot of professing Christians are ignorant or just don’t care that a Christian can only be a Christian if he/she believes in the only Son of God with the only Gospel. Are Mormons, Catholics, Jehovah’s Witness, etc. part of the body of Christ when they say “I believe in/love Jesus too?”
Look at the following:
2 Corinthians 11:3-4
3) But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his
subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4) For if he that cometh preacheth ANOTHER JESUS, whom we have not preached,
or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or ANOTHER GOSPEL, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
6) I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto ANOTHER GOSPEL:
7) Which is NOT another; but there be some that trouble you, and would PERVERT THE GOSPEL of Christ.
8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, LET HIM BE ACCURSED.
9) As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, LET HIM BE ACCURSED.
1 Corinthians 15:1-4
1) Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2) BY THIS GOSPEL YOU ARE SAVED, IF YOU HOLD FIRMLY TO THE WORD I PREACHED TO YOU. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3) For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4) that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
16) For I am not ashamed of the GOSPEL, because it is the POWER OF GOD that BRINGS SALVATION to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17) For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
When it comes to examining the Jehovah’s witnesses, as a Presuppositionalist, it is very important to take their assumptions and show them that they cannot be wise in their own eyes as we are instructed. And without believing the importance of the scriptures I mentioned above, then it is impossible for any professing Christian to obey 1 Peter 3:15 because they will not sanctify the Lord God in their heart when giving any reason for their hope.
What is the JW’s gospel?
Basically, a new Heaven and a new Earth. Shortly, God will replace all human governments with his own government. Its subjects will enjoy peace and good health.
This is obviously not the Gospel preached by Paul according to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. A new Heaven and a new Earth do nothing for a person’s sin, but the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ sure does. Ask the JW for their gospel and repeat it back to them so they can confirm that you have understood correctly. Then show them Gal 1:6-9 and 1 Cor 15:1-4 in their own New World Translation (NWT) and tell them they have shared a false gospel.
The JW may respond with:
“You are being legalistic”.
If I’m legalistic, then Paul and Jesus are legalistic as well. It is from scripture that we learn there is only ONE Gospel and ONE Jesus.
“You can’t have a new Heaven and a new Earth without Jesus death and resurrection for our sins.”
A person can’t go to the new Heaven and Earth without the preaching of the gospel. You failed to do that. Your own NWT says the good news is and only is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for our sins. You have shared another gospel, which is no gospel at all.
5) Answer the fool according to their folly (Their folly is the New World Translation, Watch Tower magazines, false gospel and Unitarian presuppositions) lest they be wise in their own conceit. (They will be shown that they can’t support their beliefs with their very own material.)
The JW’s Jesus is another god, created by the Father Jehovah, who is now Michael the Archangel. They will claim that terms like “Only begotten son” and “firstborn” show that Jesus was created by the Father.
Does only begotten mean Jesus was created? Not according to Luke. Jesus is God’s Son because He was born of the Holy Spirit, not created. The JWs will call the Holy Spirit just a force and not a person within the Trinity, because their understanding of “only begotten” would force them to think that the Holy Spirit is Jesus’ Father.
(NWT) Luke 1:35
35) In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. And for that reason the one who is born will be called holy, God’s Son.
God called Isaac Abraham’s only son when in the OT we read that Ishmael was his firstborn son.
(NWT) Hebrews 11:17-18
17) By faith Abraham, when he was tested, as good as offered up Isaac—the man who had gladly received the promises attempted to offer up his only-begotten son
18) although it had been said to him: “What will be called your offspring will be through Isaac.”
Colossians 1:15 says Jesus is the FIRSTBORN over all creation.
What does Jehovah say in their NWT?
(NWT) Exodus 4:22-23
22) You must say to Phar′aoh, ‘This is what Jehovah says: “Israel is my son, my firstborn.
23) I say to you, Send my son away so that he may serve me. But if you refuse to send him away, I am going to kill your son, your firstborn.”’
Jehovah is calling Isaac the only begotten son and Israel, formerly known as Jacob, his firstborn when Esau was the one literally firstborn. The importance of Israel being God’s firstborn is that the seed of Abraham is through Isaac (not Ishmael) and then through Jacob (Israel and not Esau) Romans 9:7-13.
Why does this matter for the Christian?
29) And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
As Colossians 1:18 says that Christ is firstborn among the dead that he may be first in all things (preeminence not chronologically created first) He is Immanuel, God with us; our God and Savior.
JESUS CHRIST IS JEHOVAH!
The NWT will reference Psalms 102:25-27 at the end of Hebrews 1:12 making that passage about Jehovah refer to the Son. There are attributes in that Psalm that can only be said about Jehovah, according to the JWs.
(NWT) Psalms 102:1-28
1) O Jehovah, hear my prayer…
25) Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the
work of your hands.
26) They will perish, but you will remain; just like a garment they will all
wear out. Just like clothing you will replace them, and they will pass away.
27) But you are the same, and your years will never end.
(NWT) Hebrews 1:7-12
8) But about the Son, he says: “God is your throne forever and ever, and
the scepter of your Kingdom is the scepter of uprightness.
9) You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your
God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.”
10) AND: “At the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the works of your hands.
11) They will perish, but you will remain; and just like a garment, they will all wear out,
12) and you will wrap them up just as a cloak, as a garment, and they will
be changed. But you are the same, and your years will never come to an end.”
Isaiah saw Jehovah’s glory and John saw Jesus’ glory. Jesus is Jehovah,
because John and Isaiah agree that they have the same glory.
(NWT) John 12:39-41
39) The reason why they were not able to believe is that again Isaiah said:
40) “He has blinded their eyes and has made their hearts hard, so that they
would not see with their eyes and understand with their hearts and turn
around and I heal them.”
41) Isaiah said these things because HE SAW HIS GLORY, and he spoke about him.
(NWT) Isaiah 6:1-10
1) In the year that King Uz*zi′ah died, I saw Jehovah sitting on a lofty
and elevated throne, and the skirts of his robe filled the temple.
2) Seraphs were standing above him; each had six wings. Each covered his
face with two and covered his feet with two, and each of them would fly
about with two.
3) And one called to the other: “Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of armies. The
whole earth is filled with HIS GLORY.”
10) Make the heart of this people unreceptive, Make their ears unresponsive,
And paste their eyes together, So that they may not see with their eyes And
hear with their ears, So that their heart may not understand And they may
not turn back and be healed.”
Jesus is another god? Let’s see what the NWT says about that.
JWs teach disobedience to the first and second commandment. They think
their Jesus is another god and they serve him as another god who is lower
than JEHOVAH, which means they worship an idol who they think, is their
savior. A false jesus (idol) can’t save anybody from their sin. They
continue in idolatry, because Jehovah said you shall serve no other god.
2) I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt,
out of the house of bondage.
3) Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any
thing that is in HEAVEN above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is
in the water under the earth:
5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor SERVE them: for I the LORD
thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the
children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
(NWT) Psalm 96:5
5) All the gods of the peoples are worthless gods, But Jehovah is the one who made the heavens.
JW’s are in agreement with the Pharisees by rejecting that the true Jesus
Christ is the only true God. The Pharisees wanted to stone Jesus for making
Himself EQUAL TO GOD.
(NWT) John 5:18
18) This is why the Jews began seeking all the more to kill him, because not
only was he breaking the Sabbath but he was also calling God his own Father,
MAKING HIMSELF EQUAL TO God.
There are many more things that could be refuted in the Jehovah’s Witness doctrine, but the points made are the most important, because they have eternal consequences in hell. They need Christ and His Gospel to be saved.
One last thing…
1 Corinthians 13:2
2) If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
Pray for them. Be kind to them. There is no need to slam the door in their faces. Share the true Gospel and Christ with them.